Our Mission:

Our Mission:

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Playing Beautiful Music Throughout Your Life

The guitar is my most favorite instrument in the world! After playing for 28 years it is no wonder why I am so biased. In my speaking programs, I love to use the guitar as a metaphor for our lives. Think about it. The strings of the guitar are the different aspects and facets of our

lives. The strumming and plucking represent the action we take in the world. The sound the guitar makes are the results we produce in the world. If our strings are not in tune, it doesn’t matter how great of guitarist you are, you are only going to produce mediocre results.

Most of us go through life almost exclusively playing the work string. I did this for many years and got really good at it. The money was great but all of the other aspects of my life were failing. Ultimately, I walked away from my multi-million dollar business so I could learn to play the other strings in my life and create a life of harmony and balance. I realized that if we are going to truly live an extraordinary life, we are going to need to play all of the strings. So how do we tune ourselves up for true success?

Listen to your life: Become an observer of your life and listen to where you are out of tune. Take note where you are feeling stressed or not satisfied in your life. Ask yourself what aspect of your life you are struggling with? Those issues are life’s way of telling you what string you need to tune.

Once you discover your trouble spot, think about how you would like that aspect to be, get in touch with how you would feel if it were that way, and finally identify an action step that you can take immediately to change it. Life will do the rest.

Remember that even the best guitarist in the world tune their strings constantly and so should you! Listen to your music and life and take action today to tune yourself up. By doing so you will be well on your way to playing beautiful music throughout your life.

By Mark Romero