Our Mission:

Our Mission:

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Golden Gate Bridge Benefit for Green Yoga


On Sunday, July 2 (I know, old news...but I've been out of town), Lululemon Athletica joined together with YOGAStudio in a benefit at the Golden Gate Bridge for the Green Yoga Association. It was a gorgeous day...made even more beautiful by all the smiles and wide open hearts of everyone present (at least a hundred of us!).

We walked out onto the bridge and chanted OM into the wind and sent prayers for the healing of the Earth, then we walked down to Chrissy Field and munched on yummy snacks. Peter Guinosso led us in a perfect yoga session under a big blue sky...complete with a live drumming soundtrack (back-up vocals provided by the football players in the field next door).

I felt so connected that day...to myself, my human family, the Earth and all its beings...it gave me hope and much inspiration. I realized that I felt stronger when I was with my community than I do when I'm by myself (duh)...how can we continue to bring more community to our yoga sangha? How do you stay connected? What gets you out of the house when Ben & Jerry's and the DVD player is beckoning?

photo courtesy of Gabriel Barkin